- For best results, paint all the craft sticks before you assemble your project.
- Acrylic craft paint is inexpensive, comes in many colors, is non-toxic, fairly (but not completely) washable, and covers well.
- Apply at least two coats of paint.
- Use a foam brush to avoid bristle marks
- Try to make each coat of paint thin and even. Avoid the temptation to do one thick coat instead of two thin ones - it takes forever to dry and looks terrible.
- For a shiny finish, add a coat of Mod Podge after the last coat has dried.
Back to the Big Learning Craft Stick page